Pages

Tuesday 3 January 2012

The First Post (no military pun intended)

Greetings! It appears I have made a blog page and now I am at liberty to pop my thoughts and words onto the interweb and someday, someone might read some of them.  Sounds good so far.

I have been wanting to blog for a while.... I especially want to document what I hope will be My Year.  Yes, it is time I take control of life, grab it by the proverbials and ram my fist down its throat.  More practically, this means getting fit, losing weight, being more organised and spending more time doing things I really want to do.

I am a bit of a Pinterest tragic at present and lately there have been a lot of pins regarding bucket lists.  I started thinking about what would be on my list.  Getting fit and healthy was one of the things for me 'to do'.  But it occurred to me that everything else on the list (eg, visiting the Maldives before they go under, skiing in the French Alps, setting up a primary health care clinic on the Thai Burma border {not all self indulgence on my list!!}) would only be enhanced by my getting fit and healthy.   So my number one bucket list entry is - get fit and healthy!!

To that end I have signed up to do the Michelle Bridges 12 week body transformation program.   I am so excited - the more research I do about it and the more I look at how people have used the program to really change their lives, the more I can't wait for it to just start.....  So I will let you know how it goes.  I am debating whether to include gory details (such as my starting weight and measurements, and before and after photos) on this page - haven't decided yet.  But I hope that since I am not the only one signed up for the program, or indeed the only person wanting to have a bit of control over their body (!!) I may hear from others and we can encourage each other and be of some help as we make some big changes.  After all, you only get One Life - so you may as well have a red hot go at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment